This course will provide you with an understanding of why the United Nations and the business community are vital to each other to obtain the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
In this course, we will learn about the 17 SDGs, why they matter for businesses, and why the UN and governments need businesses to successfully implement them.
This course will guide participants through an introductory framework on how to engage and set up partnerships to achieve the SDGs and Agenda 2030.
The course explains how the SDGs affect businesses and provide tools and knowledge to put sustainability at the heart of strategy business. Presentations by UN delegates and business representatives will introduce the students to case studies and concrete examples on target specific goals; will provide real-life case studies.
- Short Course
- 2 hours per Module
- 5 weeks Duration
University Drive, Global Engagement & Partnerships Division,
NSW 2308, Australia
This course enables participants to develop an understanding of SDGs as a global framework and its implications. It explains the Agenda 2030 and how SDGs were developed. The course introduces who and how the UN engages with businesses for the achievement of SDGs. It explores the best practices of SDGs work across sectors. The course also presents an analysis of challenges businesses and UN meet, along with the ways to overcome them.
- UNITAR, SDG Fund and CIFAL Newcastle
- The 17 Sustainable Development Goals and Agenda 2030
- Engagement between the UN and Businesses
- UN Global Compact and SDGs and businesses
- A Framework for Action across business sectors
- Key challenges for the UN and businesses
- Measuring the Impact of Development Outcomes
Course Learning Outcomes
On successful completion of this training, participants will be able to:
- Understand the United Nations and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and Interpret the principles of the 2030 Agenda and how they apply to your country or region
- Identify the common UN and business imperatives for action
- Evaluate the benefits and challenges of engaging business in SDGs achievement and benefits of SDGs achievement for business
- Develop actionable practices for engaging SDGS in businesses across different sectors
- Identify further learning opportunities and resources
Additional materials will be provided within the course